Questions about Iridium
Iridium 9555 error message after selecting menu phonebook
When upgrading an Iridium 9555 handset from software versions earlier than release candidate HT14004 all phonebook entries will be lost.
Please do a backup of your phone book entries BEFORE you do the upgrade!
Note that the previous public release was HT13001. After the upgrade is complete the user must reformat the phonebook file system to make it compatible with HT15002. To do this, the user must navigate to the idle screen and enter the short code *#323#
. The handset will then reboot. If a user tries to access the phonebook without performing the steps presented above they will be presented with an error stating “My Phonebook failed to initialise. Contact service center.” The phonebook file system must be reformatted using the instructions above.
Change Date/Time on Handheld Satellite Phones
Iridium will be changing the system time on its satellites on March 3rd, 2015. Iridium calls this „re-epoching.“ After that point, Iridium handsets (like the Iridium Extreme, Iridium 9555, Iridium 9505a, Iridium 9505, and the Iridium 9500) will display the incorrect system time until users enter in a string of numbers.
You can reset the system time on your satellite phone to reflect the correct time by entering a quick string of numbers into your handset.
Note: There will be no impact to handset functionality other than system time display.
The displayed time and date will revert to December 29, 2007, 7:26:29 UTC and will progress on this baseline until Phone settings are adjusted to the new Iridium epoch time.
Iridium GO! Devices will handle the time change automatically and do not require reprogramming.
Iridium 9555 and Iridium 9575:
- Dial *#99#2014051114235500# on an Iridium 9555 or Iridium 9575 satellite phone
- Press the green key
- Then power off/on.
Iridium 9500, 9505, and 9505A
- Follow the steps in „Getting to Phone Setup…“ to get to „Set Time and Date,“ and then press OK to select.
- Press MENU to choose „Set Home Time + Date“ or „Set Away Time + Date,“ and then press OK. You will see „Enter Home Time or Enter Away Time“ and the time currently set.
- Press OK to accept the displayed time. or Enter the time in 24-hour format, and then press OK. You will see „Enter Home Date or Enter Away Time“ and the date currently set.
- Press OK to accept the displayed date. You will see „Completed.“ or Enter the date in day(dd)-month(mm)-year(yy) form and then press OK. You will see „Completed.“
- Press and hold C to exit the menu.
Iridium GO! Purge the inbox
In order to purge the inbox (and her BigMail if you need to), please follow the below steps:
- Browse on your computer to
- Click on PRODUCTS >> IRIDIUM GO
- Click IRIDUM MAIL & WEB APP.
- Click on “Register” down the bottom of the application screen.
- Click on “Log In” up the top of the next screen.
- Using the client’s login credentials, log into their account.
- Once logged into their account, click on “Change Email” up the top of the next page.
- Scroll down and click the SUBMIT button for “Purge Inbox” and “Purge BigMail”.
- This should purge the client’s mailboxes so they can receive mail again.
Iridium GO! Use Twitter
Twitter is supported on the Iridium GO! App with Iridium’s SMS interconnection via short code (40404).
To utilise Twitter functionality on the Iridium GO! App, the following is required:
- Active Twitter account
- Active Iridium number
- Iridium GO! subscriber number linked to your Twitter account
To link your Twitter account with your Iridium GO! device follow these steps:
Once the Iridium GO! has been linked to your Twitter account, posting text messages within the Iridium GO! Twitter feature will post directly to your Twitter feed. Further info on Tweeting via SMS can be found at here.